- Selfie Pulpit Announcement Promoting Adoration Signups Touching on Aspects of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium.
- Vatican II May be “Pastoral” but it is NOT Ignorable
- A “Simple Adorer” Who Helped Save an Adoration Chapel
- The Key to the Implementation of Evangelii Gaudium is Eucharistic Adoration!
- A Summary of the Exhortations of Evangelii Gaudium
- RT @MarycMallon: It is better to be a child of God, than to be a king of the whole world. ~St. Aloysius Gonzaga #FeastDay https://t.co/FO7… 3 hours ago
- RT @gyagi_jr: Always go forward and never turn back! -St. Junipero Serra #California #CaliforniaMissions #CaliforniaHistory #SpanishCalifor… 3 hours ago
- RT @guatemayabyesi: Eucharistic Adoration, is the secret to knowing the love of Jesus Christ. ~Pope Francis~ https://t.co/iXnU4sU3pD 3 hours ago
- @DouayRheims I wish I could find this ironic but it is completely unironic 3 hours ago
- RT @DouayRheims: "Muslim migrant confesses to murder of “Refugees Welcome” activist" jihadwatch.org/2018/06/muslim… 3 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2013
The central purpose of Mark’s Gospel is revealed to us in 1:1-15 where Mark proclaims the good news that Jesus Christ who, as Son of God is God, has come to fulfill the prophecies revealed throughout salvation history, conquering evil and calling all of us to repent of our sinfulness and live a life united to him by believing in this proclaimed good news, i.e., the Gospel.
In salvation history, God uses historical people and events to reveal religious truths. Mark must not just relate the events as a nice story but rather must present them so that events in the life of Jesus, and those he interacted with, open up to us possibilities and paths that give us understanding so we can indeed believe, repent, and live a life united to him.
Mark’s narrative must convey this supernatural work of God by relating the events that took place in salvation history to develop the Gospel message. As Sacred Scripture, the Holy Spirit inspires Mark to do this in such a way that what the narrative brings forth and takes place on the cross will remain present to succeeding generations. Mark’s word is not just history but a proclamation for all ages because Jesus Christ has risen from the dead. Continue reading
Pope Francis is beginning to rekindle the importance of Vatican II. That means different things to different people. This is my story of how I rejected Vatican II as a child as many still do today. To be clear, I now reject Sedevacantism and I firmly believe that Vatican II is a valid, Catholic, Holy Spirit filled Ecumenical Council. Every Catholic Council since the first one (recorded in the book of Acts) experienced at least a generation of confusion following it. That is certainly true of Vatican II. I pray that Pope Francis will usher in the full fruition that his beloved two predecessors so yearned for. I am putting this out here to get it over with. Maybe like touching a hot plate at a restaurant. The mission of Adoration Servants is to help grow Eucharistic Adoration and in order to do that I will give what I got in the hope that it helps. Continue reading
Oh Lord Jesus Christ, in the spirit of St. Augustine who is a father in my Third Order Norbertine spirituality, I confess to you by reflecting on the Vatican II Decree on the Laity, Apostolicam Actuositatum (AA). I will assess my life as it stands today against my duties and responsibilities as a lay Catholic. AA states that “as sharers in the role of Christ as priest, prophet, and king, the laity have their work cut out for them in the life and activity of the Church” and that “as far as possible the laity ought to provide helpful collaboration for every apostolic and missionary undertaking sponsored by their local parish (AA no. 10).” Every undertaking? Continue reading