Some years back, a young self-proclaimed “liberal” deacon—schooled at Louvain—spoke of Pope Pius IX. “Pius IX”, said our deacon, “began as a liberal but when things did not go his way he opposed anything modern. He was so power-hungry that he declared the dogma of the Immaculate Conception primarily to feed his ego. His intolerance of dissent proved he was not called ‘Pio NO-NO’ for nothing.” He also suggested Pius IX was insane and recommended Hasler’s book How the Pope Became Infallible to get “the truth about Pius IX”. After reading the book’s introduction by Hans Küng, and Hasler’s own introduction to the second edition where he angrily complains about the negative assessment his book and Küng received from the Vatican, and finding the book is a favorite atheistic and anti-Catholic website source, I decided to research the transition of Pius IX from “liberal” to one who “opposed anything modern”. Continue reading
- Selfie Pulpit Announcement Promoting Adoration Signups Touching on Aspects of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium.
- Vatican II May be “Pastoral” but it is NOT Ignorable
- A “Simple Adorer” Who Helped Save an Adoration Chapel
- The Key to the Implementation of Evangelii Gaudium is Eucharistic Adoration!
- A Summary of the Exhortations of Evangelii Gaudium
- "Human activity cannot save us now, only the Passion of Christ, and I want to be a part of it." Edith Stein 1942 https://t.co/FKDLQiBxXV 47 minutes ago
- “Jesus does not say to us: ‘Learn of Me to work miracles,’ but, ‘Learn of Me because I am meek &humble of heart’ (M… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- @SteveSkojec mortification a mandatory activity: "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- @SteveSkojec This is THE definitive book on devotion to the Sacred Heart written by the Spiritual Director of St Ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- @SteveSkojec Many people follow example of Saul in the war they undertake against their vices; may God grant they d… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago