Some years back, a young self-proclaimed “liberal” deacon—schooled at Louvain—spoke of Pope Pius IX. “Pius IX”, said our deacon, “began as a liberal but when things did not go his way he opposed anything modern. He was so power-hungry that he declared the dogma of the Immaculate Conception primarily to feed his ego. His intolerance of dissent proved he was not called ‘Pio NO-NO’ for nothing.” He also suggested Pius IX was insane and recommended Hasler’s book How the Pope Became Infallible to get “the truth about Pius IX”. After reading the book’s introduction by Hans Küng, and Hasler’s own introduction to the second edition where he angrily complains about the negative assessment his book and Küng received from the Vatican, and finding the book is a favorite atheistic and anti-Catholic website source, I decided to research the transition of Pius IX from “liberal” to one who “opposed anything modern”. Continue reading
- Selfie Pulpit Announcement Promoting Adoration Signups Touching on Aspects of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium.
- Vatican II May be “Pastoral” but it is NOT Ignorable
- A “Simple Adorer” Who Helped Save an Adoration Chapel
- The Key to the Implementation of Evangelii Gaudium is Eucharistic Adoration!
- A Summary of the Exhortations of Evangelii Gaudium
- RT @MarycMallon: It is better to be a child of God, than to be a king of the whole world. ~St. Aloysius Gonzaga #FeastDay https://t.co/FO7… 3 hours ago
- RT @gyagi_jr: Always go forward and never turn back! -St. Junipero Serra #California #CaliforniaMissions #CaliforniaHistory #SpanishCalifor… 3 hours ago
- RT @guatemayabyesi: Eucharistic Adoration, is the secret to knowing the love of Jesus Christ. ~Pope Francis~ https://t.co/iXnU4sU3pD 3 hours ago
- @DouayRheims I wish I could find this ironic but it is completely unironic 3 hours ago
- RT @DouayRheims: "Muslim migrant confesses to murder of “Refugees Welcome” activist" jihadwatch.org/2018/06/muslim… 3 hours ago