Some years back, a young self-proclaimed “liberal” deacon—schooled at Louvain—spoke of Pope Pius IX. “Pius IX”, said our deacon, “began as a liberal but when things did not go his way he opposed anything modern. He was so power-hungry that he declared the dogma of the Immaculate Conception primarily to feed his ego. His intolerance of dissent proved he was not called ‘Pio NO-NO’ for nothing.” He also suggested Pius IX was insane and recommended Hasler’s book How the Pope Became Infallible to get “the truth about Pius IX”. After reading the book’s introduction by Hans Küng, and Hasler’s own introduction to the second edition where he angrily complains about the negative assessment his book and Küng received from the Vatican, and finding the book is a favorite atheistic and anti-Catholic website source, I decided to research the transition of Pius IX from “liberal” to one who “opposed anything modern”. Continue reading
- Selfie Pulpit Announcement Promoting Adoration Signups Touching on Aspects of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium.
- Vatican II May be “Pastoral” but it is NOT Ignorable
- A “Simple Adorer” Who Helped Save an Adoration Chapel
- The Key to the Implementation of Evangelii Gaudium is Eucharistic Adoration!
- A Summary of the Exhortations of Evangelii Gaudium
- RT @MrPa_Johnson: @AdorationServe wow 😲 thanks 😊 never knew Anima Christi was authored by St Augustine my patron saint 😇😊 9 hours ago
- RT @monasticforum: 'In every place One Lord is served' Rule of St Benedict chapter 61 https://t.co/CLCOLTkR9E 9 hours ago
- RT @jshocds: A hundred years ago today, Fr Willie Doyle died on the field of battle as he tended to the needs of the dying. Father, glorify… 10 hours ago
- St John Eudes is one of many saints who tell us Rev 11:19 is a vision of Mary assumed into heaven. How could any #Catholic not rejoice? 10 hours ago
- "God gives us special pictures and images of Mary...her Assumption, by the Ark of the Covenant which St. John saw in Heaven (Rev 11:19) 10 hours ago