Some years back, a young self-proclaimed “liberal” deacon—schooled at Louvain—spoke of Pope Pius IX. “Pius IX”, said our deacon, “began as a liberal but when things did not go his way he opposed anything modern. He was so power-hungry that he declared the dogma of the Immaculate Conception primarily to feed his ego. His intolerance of dissent proved he was not called ‘Pio NO-NO’ for nothing.” He also suggested Pius IX was insane and recommended Hasler’s book How the Pope Became Infallible to get “the truth about Pius IX”. After reading the book’s introduction by Hans Küng, and Hasler’s own introduction to the second edition where he angrily complains about the negative assessment his book and Küng received from the Vatican, and finding the book is a favorite atheistic and anti-Catholic website source, I decided to research the transition of Pius IX from “liberal” to one who “opposed anything modern”. Continue reading
- Selfie Pulpit Announcement Promoting Adoration Signups Touching on Aspects of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium.
- Vatican II May be “Pastoral” but it is NOT Ignorable
- A “Simple Adorer” Who Helped Save an Adoration Chapel
- The Key to the Implementation of Evangelii Gaudium is Eucharistic Adoration!
- A Summary of the Exhortations of Evangelii Gaudium
- I owe this priest so much the least I can do is enshrine him on my new desk dedicated to prayer & spiritual reading https://t.co/H4x0L3SDgs 1 hour ago
- @hbdailynews Getting caught? 2 hours ago
- RT @NCRegister: Bishop Athanasius Schneider is a leading voice for #Catholic truth: “Proclaim Christ truly incarnated, Christ crucified, Ch… 2 hours ago
- @ProtecttheFaith Yep @_cammumf 4 hours ago
- RT @ProtecttheFaith: More manipulation going on to force women deacons on the Church. This is just the first step to have women priests 'i… 4 hours ago