- RT @CatholicNewsSvc: ... related story: Persecuted for faith, Christians are united in bloodshed, pope says bit.ly/1thdEk0 http://t… 3 hours ago
- @wolfblitzer Please report on artwork of Marian Kolodziej early prisoner of Auschwitz (#432) thelabyrinthdocumentary.com/gallery/marian… http://t.co/r07w9DiNbL 12 hours ago
- RT @RT_com: #BokoHaram attack key Nigerian city hours ahead of John #Kerry arrival on.rt.com/shsvyu http://t.co/1Bt34VtPpz 12 hours ago
- RT @ShaftonP: Nigeria Named World’s Most Violent Persecutor of Christians - Xt3 Library xt3.com/library/view.p… via @Xt3dotcom 12 hours ago
- @FatherRoderick Especially Bl Pius IX and I expect Pope Francis' pontificate will follow the same path. blog.adorationservants.org/2013/03/10/piu… 12 hours ago
Selfie Pulpit Announcement Promoting Adoration Signups Touching on Aspects of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium.
Many mistakenly seem to think that since Vatican II was “pastoral” it is therefore ignorable, unnecessary, unimportant, not Ecumenical. In 1972 St John Paul II while a Cardinal wrote “The [Second Vatican] Council, which, as an act of the supreme magisterium, sets out to show our age the way leading to the fulfilment of God’s word in the Church.” Satan wants Vatican II ignored and rejected by the faithful. Here is why “pastoral” is not ignorable but rather, as St John Paul II said, is “incumbent on all.”
Posted in honor of St John Paul II’s birthday: May 18th.
This is an email from a chapel leader in New Orleans whose Church began using the Adoration Servants system to manage their Eucharistic Adoration starting two years ago when the adoration hours were being drastically cut back primarily due to chapel leader burnout. To read about that click here. After sending an email to all Adoration Servants chapel leaders notifying them of our recent document “Evangelii Gaudium and Eucharistic Adoration” Edie replied with this nice letter.
It is posted here to show the impact a “simple adorer” can have. The “sweat of her brow” as Pope Francis called for in Evangelii Gaudium, is now responsible for literally hundreds of holy hours being prayed in New Orleans and God knows how much good as a result.
Adoration Servants considers Saint Maximilian Kolbe its Chief Executive Officer.
Not only is St Max a martyr of charity via his death in Auschwitz, not only is he the great Marian apostle who founded the Militia of the Immaculata in order to help win back the world to Christ through His Immaculate Mother, but he is also a great lover of Eucharistic Adoration who as a child watched his father organize Eucharistic Adoration using hourly shift of parishioners, much like we do today.
This is the story of why and how St Max came to accept this job responsibility.
One, Catholic Church
“I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (John 17:20-21)
How Many Christian Churches Are There?
Finding the Right Church documents 150+ denominations
Handbook of U.S. Denominations documents 200+ denominations
World Christian Encyclopedia cites 40,000+ AUTONOMOUS denominations worldwide
In 107 A.D. St Ignatius of Antioch referred to the “Catholic Church” to distinguish the Universal Christian Church from the heretical sects already popping up. (See http://www.conglomination.com for visual depictions and short descriptions on a few hundred).
Below are a some key sects existing in our age: